Helena has worked with projects investigating digital infrastructure, community engagement, participatory democracy, youth sexuality and experience online, environmental communication, municipal information platforms, and creative methodology for sensory fieldwork. She has worked for organizations such as the Algorithmic Media Observatory research hub, the Canadian Centre for Policy Alternatives, and the Global Media Monitoring Project.
Helena also studies sense of place and infrastructure, as well as creative methods for engaging with sensory environments.
- Field observation and recording
- Annotated bibliography and literature review
- Content coding and discourse analysis
- Ethics protocol and documentation
- Synthesis, briefs, and documentary research
- Handling metadata and media archives
- Sensory observation
- Interviewing and focus group support